Metrology exposes the student to the principles of dimensional metrology. Students will learn how to use common measuring instruments relating to state-of-the-art manufacturing environments. Students will also learn the importance of Quality Control, TQM, and SPC processes as they relate to manufacturing environments. Use of a coordinate measuring machine will be delivered.
- Demonstrate hands on use of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing metrology methods.
- Use common measuring tools found in manufacturing.
- Operate a coordinate-measuring machine.
- Perform calibration activities on various measuring instruments.
- Collect and record data for SPC documentation.
- Verify accuracy of machined parts.
- List ISO standards and requirements.
- Interpret and report measurement data on databases.
- Describe other quality standards required in manufacturing.