Service Technician Apprentice
Always learning, always growing, always finding solutions
At J.J. Nichting, we pride ourselves on our culture of learning and growth. We understand that no one is perfect at their job, and we believe in providing a supportive and collaborative work environment where our employees can learn, make mistakes, and keep improving. If you are looking for a company where you can learn, grow, and make a difference in the agricultural industry, then J.J Nichting is the place for you. Join our team as a Service Technician Apprentice and start your career on the right foot and debt free.
Are you a current high school student or a recent graduate with a passion for agriculture and hands-on experience working with equipment, then we have the opportunity of a lifetime for you!
As a leading ag equipment dealer, we are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our team and work alongside our skilled technicians. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about and work on a range of equipment, from tractors and combines to planting and tillage equipment. You will also receive training and mentorship from our experienced technicians and learn the ins and outs of repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting agricultural equipment.
- Assist experienced technicians with equipment repairs and maintenance
- Participate in asynchronous online courses
- Learn about and become proficient in repairing various types of agricultural equipment
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as changing oil, greasing equipment, and checking fluid levels
- Help maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in high school or possess a high school diploma
- Passion for agriculture and working with equipment
- Willingness to learn and be trained by experienced technicians
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of tools and equipment
We offer competitive compensation, flexible scheduling, and a supportive work environment. This is a great opportunity for a high school student who wants to start their career in the agricultural industry and gain hands-on experience working with equipment.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, apply now or email us with any questions.
Please reference which location you are interested in working at
Pilot Grove – Sigourney – West Liberty – Grinnell
We look forward to hearing from you!